DNS lookup fails connecting to server on same network

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 23:28:18 MST 2008

Thanks,
Dan Lund

"There is only one good, namely knowledge, and only one evil, namely
ignorance."
--Socrates

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:07 PM, Ryan Rix <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, if I do ANY nslookup on these nameservers:
> rrix at wanton:~$ nslookup google.com 63.208.196.113
> Server:         63.208.196.113
> Address:        63.208.196.113#53
>
> ** server can't find google.com.phnx.qwest.net: REFUSED
>
> Why in God's name it does this is beyond me. qwest.net has a dns server in
> their help documents that I may be able to use:
> http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html

I get the same REFUSED off of that dns server, so my guess is there's
some form of IP blocking.

Other than that, I'd really need to be at the computer to look
further.  It's probably something minuscule that I'm just not saying.