We are screwed.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 5 15:30:02 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 15:01 -0700, Jason Hayes wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 November 2008 14:06:58 Craig White wrote:
> > for those that missed it...the election was yesterday and the American
> > public overwhelmingly rejected the mis-characterizations that you seem
> > to feel necessary to repeat above.
> >
> > you have joined the world of irrelevant - at least until the next voting
> > cycle - I hope you enjoy your new found status.
> >
> > Here's a hint...repeating mis-characterizations endlessly does not ever
> > make them true.
> >
> > Craig
>
> I use Obama and Biden's own words and you label that a "mis-characterization"?
> Interesting.
>
> Also interesting that you can so blithely characterize the votes of over 56
> million Americans as "irrelevant." That goes well beyond hubris.
>
> Lastly, there's more of that same, "let's join the team and come in for the
> big win"  spirit I referred to in my last email. Disagree with me and you're
> irrelevant, you mis-characterize, and on and on and on. Is this how you work
> together to promote a unified country?
----
So you think that you can bait me into defending their statements which
you take out of their context and that this debate which was settled at
the ballot box would somehow be useful here on the list? I think not.
The American public had a chance to evaluate your characterizations and
voted overwhelmingly against your characterizations...matter is settled.

56 million voters is clearly not irrelevant but the fact that 63 million
+ votes out performed them in an abundance of states in terms of the
electoral votes clinched the matter...it's not about hubris and
certainly not about my hubris.

As for 'working together to promote a unified country' - I replied to a
specific message that contained nothing like that. You might have snuck
those sentiments into a message that I didn't reply to but I only saw
and replied to what I saw...which was a repeat of the endless
mis-characterizations that dominated what passed as discourse for the
side that lost yesterday.

Craig