We are screwed.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 5 15:00:37 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 15:45 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:

> > You can make the argument that Richardson isn't in Obama's inner circle if you
> > want. However, the progression was clear. When he had a chance, he reduced the
> > number that made you "rich" in his eyes regularly. And, like it or not, there
> > are a lot of small business owners that gross more than $42,000, $97,000,
> > $120,000, or $150,000 a year.
>
> Apples and oranges again, congrats.  The $2K number was a bill that was
> never passed.  Also, again according to
> http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/more_tax_deceptions.html, a
> single person making $42,000 would have seen a $15 per year increase in
> taxes.  Hardly the back-breaker the Republicans make it out to be.
>
> More deception.  Nice.
>
> > Put more simply, there's no way that Obama can implement his more than $1
> > trillion in spending increases -- over and above Bush's massive spending
> > increases -- and not increase taxes.
>
> Well, unless maybe we stop prosecuting this immoral war in Iraq and stop
> blowing obscene amounts of money there.
>
> Lies and half-truths don't score any points with me.  There is a lot of
> context and history that gets ignored, admittedly by both sides.  My
> point here is that continuing to propagate this misinformation is wrong.
----
the problem here is that you are not going to change his mind on this
because this information has been readily available for him and anyone
else who cared to actually do a fact check on this information. This is
why 23% of the Republicans in Texas believe that Obama is a Muslim.

The election settled this argument effectively and unfortunately, you
cannot make someone believe what they refuse to believe.

Craig