We are screwed.

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Nov 5 14:37:05 MST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 16:25 -0500, mike havens wrote:
> The Democrats of then are not like the Democrats of today. As
> demonstrated  by the opinion that we need to vote out of
> self-preservation.... not country preservation.
----
Politics twas always thus...it is only the fact that you are incapable
of seeing the big picture that makes you think that things are somehow
different today.

What is evident is that the 'conservative' economic model as practiced
by the current wave of Republicans turned out to be an unmitigated
disaster.

The voters have spoken...but let me repeat the statistical significant
facts that seem to elude you:

Electoral votes (NC and MO still too close to call)
Obama  349 (270 needed)
McCain 163

Popular votes (largest turnout since 1960)
Obama 63,607,129   (53%)
McCain 56,218,351  (46%)
Even when Bush supposedly won in 2000, he lost the popular vote and
Florida outcome was determined not by counting but by a divided,
partisan Supreme Court which tainted the victory.

It was a landslide...it was a mandate for change...it was declarative.

Craig