We are screwed.

Judd Pickell pickell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 14:31:25 MST 2008

A lot has been bandied around on this list in regards to the election.
Regardless of which side you are for, and I am republican, one side lost,
one side one. We have been asked to set aside the differences and work
towards a better America. While my side lost, it will not change me working
and providing for my family. I will still support the American dream by
doing what it is that I want to do with my life and try to pursue happiness.
No matter how much I disagree with the president-elect and his standings. We
can all get along with people we disagree with, we all do it everyday in our
lives I am guessing.

However, you must give us (the Republican) side some credit. Unlike the
Hollywood libs that cried, "I will move out of the country if Kerry is not
elected." We sat back, voiced our opinions in the venues available, and
debated the issues. No one has ever said we would leave, or posted that we
should divide the country into blue and red pieces (anyone remember the How
to Divide America image?). However, the other side of the aisle can not say
the same. Although to be fair, that all happened when they were behind in
the last presidential election.

The only thing that I take a serious issue with in the post campaign
coverage, and which has been repeated by posts here, is the concept of an
overwhelming victory. This country is divided, for better or worse. A loss
as close as 4% does not make the election a overwhelming, or a majority
victory. When Kerry lost by 2%, I saw the worst slanderous, malicious press;
and it was very disappointing. You can take heart that we on the R side of
the board will not stoop to that. We will disagree, we will continue to put
our points out there. It would be great if the country came together and
acted as one, but the two sides are diametrically opposed to each other.

I am American who is proud that the system once again worked. I am proud
that we get to voice our differences of opinion. I am proud that not
everyone agrees with me or those I chose to stand with. I am proud they have
the right and the freedom to do so. I plan to hopefully change the results
of this election at the next election, but only time will tell. A lot can
happen in four years.

Sincerely,
Judd Pickell

I support America, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.