Processor Temperature

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 00:09:25 MST 2008

On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:03 AM, Mike Hoy <mhoy06 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok got ubuntu installed on this new computer and I want to monitor the
> cpu temp.
>
> cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature
>
> always says the same thing: 40 C
>
> Seems to me it should vary if it were working correctly.
>
> --
> Mike Hoy
> http://www.saguarosports.com/

Turn the system off overnight.  Then check it first thing after
turning it on.  If it says 40C at that time you know something is
wrong.  Once it warms up though I would expect a reasonably stable
temperature unless the systems workload varies wildly or your air
circulation is poor.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and