OT: Building a Computer, Unable to read from disk during install (Ubuntu)

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Tue Nov 4 21:37:17 MST 2008

If the installer started then you don't have a master/slave issue. If
that was the case then you wouldn't have been able to boot off the CD/
DVD at all.

It sounds like you have bad media or the drive your trying to read
from can't accurately read the burned disk. This could be from using
cheap CDs or DVDs. It might also be because you burned the CD/DVD at a
speed not compatible with the drive your trying to read it in. Try
burning your media at the lowest speed possible for the best possible
compatibility.
---
Jon M. Hanson (N7ZVJ)
Weblog: http://the-hansons-az.net/wordpress/