Backup to Thumb Drive

Dan Lund situationalawareness at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 16:16:04 MST 2008

While I'd have to agree that USB thumbdrives are better than they
were, they are only good if you are not using them for mission
critical backups... in my eyes.
I'm not pulling these from numbers on the net, I'm pulling my info
from the number of times I've had issues with thumbdrives during use
both in work environments and personal.  All were sandisk brand.  I
can't speak about buying an expensive one since I really can't see the
point once the price goes to a certain height.

I'm a picky bastard I bet :)

Or just stenographically insert your data into a graphic through
uuencoding piped to gimp somehow and cascade flicker with it ;)
(yes, very, very, very far fetched and problematic but hilarious to think of)

In the end, I guess it's all personal preference and draw the line
where you desire and hope for the best.

Thanks,
Dan Lund

If you need more than 3 levels of indentation, you're screwed anyway,
and should fix your program.
--Linus Torvalds, Original Inventor of the Linux kernel
August, 2006