Wubi

Josh Coffman josh at computeristsolutions.com
Mon Nov 3 11:15:56 MST 2008

I've heard that rumor and that is why my Vista machine is not dual boot.
Its a rumor that came from pre-release times.. I'm not sure its true though
as there are plenty of stories about dual or triple booting with vista.  I
just haven't been brave enough to try it because that machine was my main
dev box.

Personally, I think of risk & cost before doing such a thing.  I'm in a
different situation than most on this list because I'm a windows programmer,
which means losing windows on my dev box is/was a big risk for me.

You could use gparted to image your machine to a backup location before
trying wubi.  It should be trivial to recover then if there was a problem.

-j