Wubi

Josh Coffman josh at computeristsolutions.com
Mon Nov 3 11:00:30 MST 2008

Not having used wubi, I can't comment other than that I've never had a
problem managing or fixing the boot sector.

ya'll probably know the linux tools for fixing a boot sector better than I
do.
To fix a windows boot sector just boot from the windows cd, drop to a
command prompt and run "fixmbr"

I've rarely had to do that myself, and I've been around the block as far as
dual booting and moving partitions around.  Actually now that I think of it,
it might have been an earlier ubuntu distro that messed up my boot sector
and I couldn't fix it with fixmbr.  However, I was able to fix it with the
Fedora installer.  That was the worst scenario that I've experienced and it
was fine other than the short lived panic.

-j