Wubi

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 07:13:00 MST 2008

Wubi wrks great, but if you are useing raid that ubuntu doesnt know
what to do with it will break. in single drive scenarios its fine.

no need to fidgit with partitions as its becomes a file, similar to a
virtual machine image within the NTFS structure, and then you have a
specific share that is then linked to your Ubuntu install.

and then it pop up in your windows OS choices list.

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Judd Pickell <pickell at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some reason it wouldn't repartition the drive on a Dell E1505 laptop. I
> used Acronis Disk Director and resized it manually. Then Intrepid (Ubuntu)
> installed without issue. Just pointing out that it doesn't always work from
> the live cd.
>
> Sincerely,
> Judd Pickell
>
> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Dan Lund <situationalawareness at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Use the Live CD as the install media instead, that's my suggestion.
>> It does give the option of resizing the partitions during the install.
>> That's why I was questioning why even use a windows version installer.
>>  Only reason I can think of is if you just don't want to burn a CD.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dan Lund
>>
>> To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so
>> many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled -
>> because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too
>> cowardly to exercise it.  The virtues which cloak these faults are
>> called patience and forbearance.
>> -Friedrich Nietzsche
>>

>> On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:09 AM, der.hans <PLUGd at lufthans.com> wrote:
>> > Use a live CD to dd the boot sector to a file, then put it back if it
>> > the install gets horked?

Stephen