SELinux vs. AppArmor vs. Standard vs. What?

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Sat Nov 1 20:00:58 MST 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 10:04 PM, R P Herrold wrote:

> If you leave food out on the counters, you get roaches; if you
> reward improper behaviour, the exceptions swallow up the rule,
> and entropy wins sooner.  If the rule is wrong, lobby to
> change it; my vote on Ted's proposal to dump 'don't top post'
> was stated publicly in my post.

This wins my vote for hyperbole of the year.

I've never understood why people raise 'top vs bottom posting' as if
it mattered all that much.  No doubt I'm inviting you all to tell me
all over again, but I promise, I've heard it all before and it's not
very compelling.  Both make sense in various circumstances.

The content of Ted's post was helpful and insightful.  That should
matter far more than silly whinging about style.

alex