FS acct packages

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun May 25 13:27:07 MST 2008

moin moin,

we've talked a bit about Free Software accounting packages.

http://homebank.free.fr/ came up in IRC today.

It's in Ubuntu, but I've never heard of it, so I looked around a bit.

Searching the packages for accounting came up with a list of accounting
packages.

bulmacont - Spanish accounting program
bulmages - Accounting and invoicing programs for Spanish little businesses
eqonomize - personal accounting software for the small household economy
grisbi - Personal finance management program

Note that homebank and a couple of well-known packages didn't show up.

Changing the search to account rather than accounting brings up more false
positives for the search, but also brought up some true positives.

homebank - Manage your personal accounts at home
kmymoney2 - personal finance manager for KDE
sql-ledger - A web based double-entry accounting program
gnucash-common - A personal finance tracking program

I might've missed some as I didn't notice gnucash in the list when I
reviewed it by hand.

I also ran into a tool that might be interesting.

ktoblzcheck - tool for verification of account numbers and bank codes

It might be of more interest to me, but it says it also supports
"verification of international bank account numbers (IBAN) and bank
identifier codes (BIC)".

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
#  "Communications without intelligence is noise;