clamwin

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Fri May 23 13:40:05 MST 2008

Not that it will help you in your current predicament, but I recommend
running LINUX as your host OS and only run Windoze via VMWare. Snapshots are
great. I maintain daily snapshots, which get wiped each weekend when I
backup my VM to my NAS. On the NAS I maintain a rotation of 4 weeks worth of
backups...My data is kept on "network" shares which are actually on the
local host.

Food for thought.

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 12:20 PM, mike havens <bmike1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I attempt to download clam win for my windows box it always
> freezes. Does anyone know why this is?
>
> I just discovered that I needed it because I was infected.....
> everything broke on the laptop! I figured that it would be easier to
> just reinstall a fresh instance of the OS rather than mess with
> downloading the AV with a virus in the system. So that is what I
> did..... I even got the network working again without asking. Well, I
> called broadband tech support but I figured out what the problem was
> before he did. I had set a static IP for the card  but the card didn't
> like that. Perhaps I should dd the hd and then put a fresh instance on
> it. Or is that just overkill?
>
> --

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."