Lost text input on command line

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Wed May 21 12:45:10 MST 2008

I was trying out some command line torrent applications among which
was ctorrent. For some reason, after executing ctorrent (wether to
just get the command line flags or even to download/seed a torrent)
the text input on my command line dissappeared. I can still type the
commands and get their results (even the correct screen outputs such
as ls), but there is no echo of those commands to the screen while I'm
typing them. I'm doing this in an rxvt terminal running on Mac OS
10.4.11 connected via ssh to my gentoo box and then inside of screen.
I did try changing the $TERM variable to see if that would help, and
it didn't. I tried googling, but can't really seem to find the right
combination of words to return any results that relate to this issue
in any way. The only way to get my input echoed once again is to exit
out of that screen terminal and just create a new one. Anyone have any
suggestions on what could be causing this and how to resolve it
without having to close out the shell?

Matrix Mole