Reformatted hd, reinstalled XP, no internet connection

eculbert eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 21:51:52 MST 2008

Sorry.

I have dsl and she has cox cable, but I think maybe
the same thing is happening to her cable modem that
happens to my dsl every few months. Some how, it gets
internally goofy and needs 'basic setup' run again on
it.

I suggested that she see if either that other person's
ip or mine (0) works to access the modem menus. I then
snapshot up to 'the point of no return' on setup on my
modem as an example.

She isn't a dummy on computers, but mostly deals in
training dummies on how to use them, not abuse them so
to speak!!

Anyhow, I would almost bet that the cox modem has that
setup thingy and that is what got 'tweaked' when or
during this event. IF her password is there, I will
try and see if I can get to it tomorrow and do the
'basic setup' like my actiontec has if that is in the
menu.

I will be down at her place in the morning. Sure would
love to send her an email at her account at work from
her home computer!! Hihi.