Reformatted hd, reinstalled XP, no internet connection

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Wed May 14 20:34:36 MST 2008

It sounds like the motherboard was replaced? Is she using a PCI ethernet
card or the onboard?  The reason I ask is because I believe that cox
locks your modem to the MAC address of your NIC, so if she got a new
mobo and is using the onboard...the MAC address will be different and
you have to call Cox and get them to register the new one (or use a non
cox cable modem or router that lets you spoof the old MAC address).