64 bit computer question, generic

Jon M. Hanson jon at the-hansons-az.net
Wed May 14 16:02:28 MST 2008

A 32-bit OS will work fine.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: eculbert <eculbert at yahoo.com>

Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:00:16
To:Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: 64 bit computer question, generic

A friend has an amd 64 an 3000 chip cpu on an msi mb.

Will a 32 bit live cd boot okay if everything is 'ok'
with the system?

She upgraded to sp3 on XP ... BEFORE she heard about
some registry problem. It will boot, but not connect
to cox now and she is burning a puppy linux os to see
if possibly it will connect.

Need to know before ASAP before she goes home this
afternoon from work and attempts to bootup.

It is used at home for work also, so needs to be up
and connecting.

Please don't tell me to tell her to switch to linux as
she HAS to run xp as she does training type work for
others on xp!! Linux I know, is better, but this is
one instance that someone MUST use what others are
using so everything renders the same.

Ed Culbertson

Ed/ke7feg

Did I mention, 2/23/07 the FCC dropped all cw (AKA Morse code) testing for any class of license as a ham? Just pass the written and "U's a ham"!! Many sites test online, but you have to go for the real test. $14 for as high as you can climb in one session.