Installed Ubuntu 8.04

Clayton Stapleton clay4291 at inbox.com
Wed May 14 08:18:20 MST 2008

Used Gparted to try and resize /dev/sdc7 with the following results:
GParted 0.3.3

Libparted 1.7.1

Move /dev/sdc7 to the left and shrink it from 225.62 GiB to 5.86 GiB  00:01    ( ERROR )

calibrate /dev/sdc7  00:01    ( SUCCES )

path: /dev/sdc7
start: 4867758
end: 478030139
size: 473162382 (225.62 GiB)
calculate new size and position of /dev/sdc7  00:00    ( SUCCES )

requested start: 4867695
requested end: 17157419
requested size: 12289725 (5.86 GiB)
new start: 4867758
new end: 17157419
new size: 12289662 (5.86 GiB)
check filesystem on /dev/sdc7 for errors and (if possible) fix them  00:00    ( ERROR )

e2fsck -f -y -v /dev/sdc7

/dev/sdc7 is mounted.
e2fsck 1.40.2 (12-Jul-2007)
e2fsck: Cannot continue, aborting.

Create Logical Partition #1 (linux-swap, 219.76 GiB) on /dev/sdc

I suspect that Gparted was trying to e2fsck /dev/sdc7 which is locked and not the new partition!

Clay