Should I update NOT AUTHENTICATED security updates?

koder hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Tue May 13 12:12:19 MST 2008

Should I update NOT AUTHENTICATED security updates?

I am running Ubuntu 7.10

The automatic updater told me that I have updates available.

The following packages came in and when I tried to install them I
received a message that they can't be authenticated! Doing this could
could allow a malicious individual to damage or take control of your
system.

NOT AUTHENTICATED:

libssl-dev          SSL Development libraries and header files

libssl0.98          SSL shared libraries

openssh-blacklist   List of blacklisted OpenSSH RSA and DSAkeys

opnessh-client      Secure shell client an rlogin/rsh/rcp replacement

openssh-server      Secure shell server, an rshd replacement

openssl             Secure socket Layer (SSL) binary and related
cryptographic tool

ssh                  Secure shell client and server (metapackage)

ssh-askpass-gnome    Interactive X program to prompt users for a
passphrase for ssh-add

The openssh-blacklist is to be installed.

All of the others are to be upgraded.

Harold