Anybody have a kindle to rent?

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Sat May 10 22:42:57 MST 2008

"Josef Lowder" <joe at actionline.com> writes:

> .
> Does anyone have a kindle or know where I might
> find one to rent for a day (or a couple of hours)
> to test some ebook formats.

Joseph,

You mean the Amazon "Swindle"?

"If enough people accept the DRM on ebooks, there will be no incentive
in the future for Amazon, or anybody else to offer non-DRM ebooks."
http://defectivebydesign.org/blog/1097

Imagine a library 100 years in the future where a book might "expire"
after one reading or can not be read at all due to the politics of the
day. Currently library ebooks are distributed by one company and are
DRM'ed even if the origin is in the public domain.
http://defectivebydesign.org/blog/1120

Dennisk
--
"Free as in Freedom"