House Passes PRO IP Bill

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed May 7 12:34:14 MST 2008

Am 07. Mai, 2008 schwätzte James Mcphee so:

>> increase penalties for IP violations that endanger public health and
>> safety
>>

> How does something that exists purely in intellect endanger public health
> and safety?

When they allow corporations to patent genes and then infect 3rd party
crops with those genes. That was in Canada.

Apparently organic farmers in the US are protected in that the organic
label won't be taken away if there was accidental contamination. Guess
the FDA is only concerned about minimal efforts to keep our food safe and
actually having it actually be safe is irrelevant. Mmmm, lead painted
corn.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/        https://LOPSA.org/
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans