How to open .azw or .prc (mobireader) files

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Sun May 4 15:26:41 MST 2008

They have .deb and rpm packages for most distros, you should be able to use that to make things easier.  (For instance, in Ubuntu or Debian you could do an apt-get install fbreader)

If you do want to build from source, I'd just extract to a new directory in /tmp and do the three-step (./configure; make; sudo make install) there.