How to handle OT & spam on a mail list

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Sun Mar 30 17:36:43 MST 2008

Josef Lowder wrote:
> Ok ... call me lazy.  Whatever you say, JT. ;)
>

> -----------------------------------
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, JT Moree wrote
>
>> Josef Lowder wrote:
>>
>>> Well, as a general guideline, perhaps;
>>> but as has been discussed here before,
>>> sometimes a quick and simple top post
>>> does have some benefits.
>>>
>> rarely.  It's usually because people are
>> too lazy to clean up the excess and unneeded
>> text in an email so they just post at the top. ;)
>>
> --
As far as I know (and i've been using the internet since before it was
the internet) there's no real standard.
Some mail clients post at the top by default, others post at the bottom
by default.
I consider the whole argument rediculous :)
Most people can read the top post and scroll down if they don't
understand the context.
Can we argue about something important :)?
JD