How to handle OT & spam on a mail list

Josef Lowder joe at actionline.com
Sat Mar 29 10:12:30 MST 2008

.
On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:52, Dennis Kibbe wrote
> ... it's a list for Linux users of all levels from Linux
> graybeards to Ubuntu newbies. One thing that PLUG can't
> afford is to alienate its new users.

Amen Dennis.  And nothing alienates new and old users more
than flames and ego-centric fault-finding of others' ideas
and opinions. Conversely, everyone benefits by just being
kind and considerate toward one another.

Then someone else wrote:
> >  "NO TOP POSTING!!!!!"

And you replied:
> Ah, now that's an acceptable behavior guideline I agree with!

Well, as a general guideline, perhaps; but as has been discussed
here before, sometimes a quick and simple top post does have some
benefits.