Computer to TV

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Mon Mar 24 10:29:10 MST 2008

After a long battle with technology, chip33az at netscape.net wrote:
> In the next month or so, I would like to upgrade my MythTV client/server
> to a new computer. The TV I has doesn't have S-Video

No, you cannot has a TV with S-video-in.

> but does have component/composite. Any suggestions for a video
> card/accessory?  Getting a new TV isn't an option right now.

I had the same problem a while back and solved it with a $30 2-way switch from
Worst Buy.  The switch had 2 S-video and component inputs, 1 S-video and
component output.  S-video out from video card->"A" S-video in on switch.
S-video out from DVD player->"B" S-video in on switch.  Component out on
switch->component in on VCR.  VCR 75-ohm connector out->TV input.  (My old TV
was built in 1991 and had no component-in.)  Flip switch to A for doing
computer things on the TV, flip it to B for watching DVDs.  HTH,

--
  207.  The following are not legal weapons in a duel:  Steamrollers,
  Nerve Gas, Land Mines, Midgets.