Permanent Vacation

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Mar 19 23:48:56 MST 2008

Found this amusing, though somewhat obvious as I have often found my
answering machine to have messages placed there by an automated calling
system...

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/19/permanent-vacation-t.html

but given the recent spate of 'test messages' to the list lately, this
almost motivates me to bugzilla a request in mailman that automatically
generates a test message back to senders that send a test message...a
permanent test like the permanent vacation. Heck, if it succeeds then
perhaps it then morphs into handling automated vacation replies.

There is of course, a bit of magic with a superball in a narrow
hallway...