Time shifting online radio

Matrix Mole matrixm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:01:38 MST 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Bryan O'Neal
<BONeal at cornerstonehome.com> wrote:

> Ok, I have two radio programs I would love to time shift, I don't care about
> parsing out commercials  or songs, just to record the whole program like a
> podcast.  The problem is that the online stream is accessed  through a flash
> player on their site.  When it was just a QuickTime stream I could use
> mplayer and cron, but I don't know how to deal with flash.

A friend of mine uses audacity to record flash audio output from his
soundcard on his window box. I just did a quick google search, and it
looks like something similar can be done in KDE here:
http://tinyurl.com/3ch5wa

Basically, it looks like audacity grabs all the audio output as it
goes through the soundcard. Note, I haven't actually tried that, nor
have I read fully through that blog, so I can't guarantee that it'll
work, but it may be worth a try.

Matrix Mole