how to convert a pdf fill-in form to fixed content

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Mar 17 19:41:11 MST 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 19:05 -0600, Josef Lowder wrote:
> .
> Last year I used the IRS supplied pdf forms to prepare my tax returns.
> When I finished filling in the "fill-in" pdf forms, somehow, I converted
> each one to a new pdf form that had *fixed* data for printing out,
> emailing, etc.  But now I can't remember how I did that.
>
> How does one convert a pdf "fill-in" form to a fixed content pdf file?
----
the question isn't entirely clear and the PDF form is always subject to
restrictions imposed by the creator but are you using AdobeReader >
7.08? or are you using evince or KPDF or what?

AdobeReader can certainly fill out forms and print them flattened and
even save them if not restricted.

pdftk (command line driven utility) is capable of merging data fields
from 'fdf' files into matching 'pdf' files but that doesn't sound like
what you are looking for.

Craig