AZ's own Gabrielle Giffords votes to increase foreign work visas

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 16 17:19:01 MST 2008

There in lies the problem.  Why not create an environment where US students will take the steps necessary to get the skills to compete.  Instead we are strengthening other countries at our expense.

I lost a promotion to a person who came to the US to study, was subsidized by my tax dollars, stayed and became my boss.

I take issue with some of these governmental decisions.  If we as a country have a short coming, work on it and make it better.  Do not roll over and play dead!

So far, off shore consulting has not hurt me however if they ever get their act  together they could literally kill me.  I cannot compete with $5.00 to $12.00/hr.

I have this picture in my head of an H-1B taking an $80,000/year job at $40,000, living in a efficiency apartment, eating rice and beans, and send all their money back to India to support 5 families.  While one less American is able to provide the living they have worked towards.  And while the government gives the same corporations tax breaks.  Who ends up paying for all this?  WE DO!