rhce difficulty / focus

Brant Evans brant.evans at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 13:08:50 MST 2008

I have taken and passed the RHCE exam.

I like that RedHat is secretive about what is exactly on the test that
way they are able to better test that you know how to administer a
RedHat system. I did not use the study guide, but did research what
was out there and that is the only one. I've had other people tell me
it is pretty good.

I'd suggest that you take the RHCT test first. It will give you an
idea of how RedHat does the testing and will help when taking the RHCE
test.

I think the RedHat Certifications are one of the most valuable out
there because they actually test that you know how to administer a
system, not that you guess well on multiple-guess adaptive tests.

Brant Evans