rhce difficulty / focus

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Mar 9 11:33:38 MST 2008

Am 09. Mar, 2008 schwätzte Randy Melder so:

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> A guy that I work with and I are going to take an hour a day and study
> for the test. We both have good skill sets with linux/unix, but not
> with vendor specific techniques. So the goal is to get the test right
> the first time.

Dennis is leading a RHCE study group on Saturdays. See previous posts to
the list and the web site for info.

EMCC is teaching certification classes. MCC is teaching using mostly[0]
the same materials and curricula as EMCC, but we're not focussed on the
certification.

I intentionally try to be distro neutral[1] even though we're using RH
books. In the fall I hope to use and Ubuntu book as well, but will again
mostly try to be be distro neutral.

Then again, if we have desires for something specific and enough students
we can generally make it happen.

[0] might be exactly the same, but I'm not sure, so I won't claim it

ciao,

der.hans
#  Wer bereit ist, grundlegende Freiheiten aufzugeben, um sich
#  kurzfristige Sicherheit zu verschaffen, der hat weder Freiheit
#  noch Sicherheit verdient.  --  Benjamin Franklin  (1706 - 1790)