Mar east side meeting

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Mar 6 01:39:42 MST 2008

moin moin,

for March we have a presentation on Puppet, a cross-platform configuration
management tool, as well as some OLPC demos.

We are also supposed to have Rhino Equipment at the meeting looking for
input on Asterisk presentations and maybe an Asterisk users group.

http://www.RhinoEquipment.com/

A couple of people from Splunk> might be in town as well.

http://www.splunk.com/

When: Thursday, 2008Mar13 at 19:00
Where: Sequoia Charter School, 1460 S. Horne, Mesa AZ

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1460+S.+Horne,Mesa+AZ&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=33.38908,-111.814213&spn=0.008546,0.015578&z=16&iwloc=addr

Enter by the drive way gate just south of Holmes Ave. Meetings are held on
the south end of the fourth building on the left.

Topic: Puppet. This month's presentation will cover and introduction of
the Puppet configuration management system, followed by a demonstration of
a new linux system being configured in real time.

http://ReductiveLabs.com/trac/puppet

Bio: Michael Garfias is a long time systems administrator with thirteen
years of professional experience. He has worked for IBM, Network
Associates, a number of unsuccessful startups and one successful (so far)
startup. Michael's primary Linux interest is in large highly available
installations, and keeping those running smoothly.

Topic: OLPC demo. There will be a demo of the acoustic tape measure and
other things you can do when you have more than one OLPC laptop on hand.
OLPC has Live CDs, http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveCd, so download an image
and see if you can get your laptop to join in during the presentation.

http://www.laptop.org/

ciao,

der.hans
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans