OT: www.ohloh.net / lots going on in the FOSS World

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Tue Mar 4 11:58:51 MST 2008

Maybe you are already familiar with
   http://www.ohloh.net/
but I just saw it recently.
Here is a sample quote:
   (from "http://www.ohloh.net/blog/the_cleanup"):

[...] there is simply a ton of cool, innovative work going on in the
Open Source World. At the beginning of Ohloh, I felt a little lost
trying to deal with the chaos of the open source world. Then I learned
to effectively "deal with it". I've since transcended into the "loving
& thriving in it" camp. Where I perceived chaos, I now see strength.
Diversity and competition of ideas and technologies are are healthy
symptoms of adaptability and progress. The species appear and evolve,
and yes, sometimes die off. But the ecosystem as a whole continues to
grow and solidify.

Lastly, we're back to moving Ohloh features forward. We will be
turning our attention to our back-end for a while and see how far we
can push our scalability and performance. We'd like to see how close
to we can get to real-time metrics (for the record, I consider
hourly-updates to be real-time enough).

Thanks for everyone's help and feedback.
[/end quote]

(submitted by:)
--
Mike Schwartz