Multiple authorized keys

Erich Newell erich.newell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 19:08:03 MST 2008

I am confused.

There should be a .ssh directory in each user's home dir. In that there
would be an "authorized_keys" file for that user and possibly a known_hosts
file as well if outbound connections are permitted from the user shell.
Removing the user and his home directory then removes access.

Does that answer your question or am I completely missing the point?

Cheers.

- Erich

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Joey Prestia <joey at linuxamd.com> wrote:

> Anyone know of a way to have multiple ssh authorized_keys files for host
> key authentication for different users. I am familiar with the usual
> practice of echoing all of the users keys into authorized_keys file but
> I am thinking in terms of if I have to revoke keys and disable user
> access. What I would like to do is have a setup similar to apache in
> that it can have files included in the conf directory. So this way I
> have a user name or identifying indicator of whose key is whose so I can
> revoke access as the necessity arises.
>
> --
> Joey

"A man is defined by the questions that he asks; and the way he goes about
finding the answers to those questions is the way he goes through life."