Suse Linux 10.3 help requested

Frank Mandato fgm1147 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 1 12:07:17 MST 2008

Matt,

  Thank you very much for your superfast answer.

  Unfortunately, I am not good enough to install Gentoo, tried it a few years ago and I never could get it to work right, not their fault, my not knowing enough about Linux was at fault.

   I have installed this system and I am running it as an X86_64, sorry I wan't clear on that.

  Here is what I get when I "grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf"
**********************
  grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf
  Driver       "kbd"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Driver       "nv"

  "lsmod  |  grep nv" did not return anything at all.

  Here is the output from "lspci | grep -i audio"

   03:05.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy LS

  When I go in to Yast to configure that sound card, it days say "legacy" so I thought that this is a legacy sound card.

  Hope this helps. I did forget to mention that I have re-installed 10.3 and that is why I do not have the downloaded Nvidia driver on it any longer.

  Thanks Matt.

  FrankM