USB DSL Connections and/or Fedora 9 Wireless Setup

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 22:39:36 MST 2008

Yes!  I do know what you are referring to!

1) ADSL USB "modem" Networking

You have an external ADSL modem (from cox) for a single computer connected only via USB,  I don't know anyone who has this working; the windows version driver setups the stack and networking!  But this link might be similar if your installation is not working (what kind of DSL modem do you have?........

http://www.4p8.com/eric.brasseur/speedbundle_fedora.html

2) Wireless Connections:

What is your wireless card/chip?  Atheros?

See these links:

http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=189182
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/madwifi-wireless-for-asus-eee-pc-on-fedora-9-howto/

I.E.  Do this:

1) Determine the card/chipset on your wireless card
2) Read through the links.  You are reading for CONTEXT - this means if it is talking about something that doesn't apply - attempt to read around it using if/then/therefore logic (this is a learned skill but worth the trouble).  You are essentially scanning the material; you are also "indexing" it.  Not to force you through the Geek Evelyn Wood Reading Dynamics, but you can be assisted by NOT TRYING to MEMORIZE or LEARN, completely UNDERSTAND, and APPLY the material until a brief contextual (does this apply to me test).  You will find that very quickly through not trying, you WILL easily GROK it and will not have to try to grasp it too much further.  Reading for context can be mastered in that you can reasonably expect to read through 3 google text search pages, and find a succinct answer in less than 30 minutes.
3) Follow the tutorial.

Call with questions?