OT: Survelliance in America

Fritz fkolberg at qwest.net
Sun Jun 29 17:46:37 MST 2008

Charles Jones wrote:

Charles, would you care to comment on the following?

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

If this is really true, it's quite disturbing.
Is this just "made up" Internet gibberish?

As James Bamford summarizes in his book "Body of Secrets"

---------------------------------
Operation Northwoods, which had the written approval of the Chairman and
every member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, called for innocent people to
be shot on American streets; for boats carrying refugees fleeing Cuba to
be sunk on the high seas; for a wave of violent terrorism to be launched
in Washington, D.C., Miami, and elsewhere. People would be framed for
bombings they did not commit; planes would be hijacked. Using phony
evidence, all of it would be blamed on Castro, thus giving Lemnitzer and
his cabal the excuse, as well as the public and international backing,
they needed to launch their war.

Fritz