OT: Survelliance in America

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Jun 28 18:55:33 MST 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-28 at 18:09 -0700, keith smith wrote:

> How about the internet is like your land line phone.   The courts have
> held you have an expectation of privacy.
>
> I personally expect my emails not to be read and I do not want
> anything I do on ht  web to be accessed unless they meet my 4th
> amendment rights.
----
they've been reading your e-mails for years now. Your 4th Amendment
rights have been trampled for quite some time.

They can tap your phone just by mentioning an NSL and there are
thousands of documented failures to ever bother getting a warrant - even
after the fact as required by FISA.

Your faith in our government is unrealistic but probably typical.

Craig