which ATI card?

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Wed Jun 25 00:19:14 MST 2008

der.hans wrote:
> Am 24. Jun, 2008 schwätzte Charles Jones so:
>
>> Joseph Sinclair wrote:
>>> Last I checked Compiz doesn't play well with dual monitors, so you
>>> may have to give up that particular requirement.
>> Friday I had compiz working with dual monitors. I didn't try the "cube"
>> effect, but I had window animations and whatnot working.
>
> And you didn't show me?
>
> Were they on the correct side and rotating the correct direction?  :)
>
> It'd be cool to have a split cube that rotates from the inside seam on
> the
> dual-head layout.
Heh well you remember how I had rolled back my x.org to the one that
comes with FC8 (because there wasn't at first an Nvidia driver that
worked with the version of x.org that shipped with FC9), and that was
the only way I could get Twinview working? Well Friday for fun I did a
yum upgrade and let it upgrade everything including x.org, and the
newest livna Nvidia driver seemed to be working...at least my dual
vertical screens came up. I turned on the compiz stuff and it was
working as far as the window dressings, and minimize/maximize
animations. However, the "wobbly windows" was amazingly slow, so maybe
my hardware/3d acceleration was not working?  I didn't try the cube
thing either. I ended up turning it off, but I should be able to turn it
back on if you want a look-see. :)

-Charles