FOSS text editor

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Tue Jun 17 22:43:19 MST 2008

Trent Shipley wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good FOSS text editor for Windows?
>
> I have used Xemacs, but it doesn't come with a dictionary.

Not sure what you mean by "dictionary" when it comes to a text editor.
Spell check, maybe?

GVim is as good in Windows as it is in Unix and comes with spell check.
  I tend to recommend 'cream' (http://cream.sf.net) to most Windows
users when recommending gvim since it makes it just that much easier to use.

*Most* primarily Windows developers I know use PSPad.  It's
"freeware"... not "free software" or open source.  Apparently it's
pretty sweet, though.  I get a lot of "I bet vim can't do *this*"
challenges from PSPad users.  Of course vim can do whatever it is they
are talking about but that's besides the point.