Anyone need a Sun 6500? Or two...or three?

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 18:54:41 MST 2008

Yea the "no storage" bytes it bigtime!

Prolly want to try to snag a iscsi fiber channel card [check carefully that it's not toast and compatible with that chassis] and say an old StorageTek 3310 [and resident drives] from Ebay!

The StorageTek's became boat anchors when their cards fried in the old days before managed power, so if you can test it out first?

Course, I think you should be able to find reconditioned drives, right Charles?  If you want to run Zones and Containers, under Solaris 10 (you do) it's gonna need disk...

Course everything else, Doom, DNS, sendmail, and glassfish don't take too much?

Charles, you look like the benevolent organization to me!

Rhune Lord <rhunelord at gmail.com> wrote: I want to try everything Lisa mentioned and I can get the vehicle to
move them.  But I need the hardware to learn on and if your offering I
am all over this.  Anything I find I can't use I will be thrilled to
pass on to others.

Tuna that mobo is still waiting for you, nudge nudge.

Thanks,
Brian

(602)325-5325 Asterisk
(503)754-4452 Blackberry