Cox Internet disconnectivity..

Michael March mmarch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 20:53:04 MST 2008

> > According to  a Cox tech in the followng thread, there is some type of
> > maintenance being done.
> >

> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20515680-AZ-Speeds-Awful-Slow-In-The-Last-Few-Days
> >

> These threads appear more closely related to what has been going on the
> last few
> days.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20565730-AZ-Broken-Cox-Routers
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r20562547-West-Coast-Backbone-Issues
>
> One of the most irritating things is that although Cox was reworking their
> routing--and it started creating problems for customers at least as early
> as 5/29
> (It was for me)--Cox didn't tell their tech support people what was going
> on
> until much later. Everything is a big secret and customer satisfaction is
> not a
> primary concern.
>
> This is not the first time that Cox has done 'upgrades' or 'maintenance'
> and
> disrupted service to their customers, both without warning and with
> misleading
> information given to those of us who call in to complain and/or ask for
> service.
> Cox will start making changes that disrupt or degrade service. Meanwhile,
> the
> customers are told "We have identified a problem and we have a technician
> working
> on it."
>
> The MOST irritating thing is calling for support during business hours
> and getting put on hold for 20 minutes, while you listen to a recording
> that says
> "Thank you for your patience" every 15 seconds. ;-)
> --

Yeah.. I completely agree.. If these were unscheduled events or not.. the
communication to the customer has to be very clear and consistent.

What pisses me off is that I spent A LOT of time looking into my network..
making sure something wasn't screwed up on my end..

BTW.. the issues appear to be fixed.