MMORPG

stu wien33 at cox.net
Sat Jul 19 01:49:28 MST 2008

On Saturday 19 July 2008 12:08 am, Josh Nalli wrote:
No, Ultimate Edition is *based* on Ubuntu, (like Mint and several others) but
it isn't Ubuntu proper. If you look on DistroWatch.com, you will see in
listed as #51 on the page hit ranking list on the lower right. You don't have
to buy anything to get it, however, you will obviously need a subscription to
Eve Online in order to play the game.

> I am downloading ubuntu now but how do get the ultimate edition?  is it
> something i have to buy?
>
> On Tue, 2008-07-15 at 12:17 -0400, stu wrote:
> > I'm not much of a gamer myself, but Ultimate Linux (based on Ubuntu) has
> > their "Gamer Edition" that uses something called Wine Doors that pretty
> > much installs Eve, WOW, and a bunch of other games with a few clicks. I
> > have the 64 bit edition running on a Turion X2, and it's one of the
> > slickest distros I've ever played with.
> >
> > 	Stu
> >
> > On Tuesday 15 July 2008 5:35 am, Judd Pickell wrote:
> > > I believe EVE has released an actual Linux client, but I haven't tested
> > > it.

Microsoft needs people who can do as they're told...
GNU/Linux needs people who can TELL as they DO!