Ubuntu and hardware vendors

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Jul 15 09:53:06 MST 2008

moin moin,

http://webapps.ubuntu.com/certification/

I don't see anything listing what certified and compatible mean.

It also appears that the list isn't updated to the vendor page for Dell.
System76 doesn't have a vendor page on Ubuntu's site. I didn't check the
others.

http://www.ubuntu.com/dell

That page only mentions 7.10. Maybe Dell hasn't moved on to 8.04. That's
OK for now, but I hope they move to the LTS release.

It would be nice if either certified or compatible means that all of the
hardware works using Free Software drivers.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  http://www.LuftHans.com/              https://LOPSA.org/
#  "... the social skills of a cow on acid." - der.hans