Spy Bill Debate Comes to an End

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 20:48:29 MST 2008

On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:20 PM, Joshua Zeidner <jjzeidner at gmail.com> wrote:
>  If this is as I am reading it here, I think this is a first for
> America.  Laws that congressmen don't even get to read (and they
> support them anyway! ).  As if the notion of retroactive immunity was
> not absurd enough.  So I guess I may run the chance of violating a
> 'secret law' now, in addition to laws that are permitted to be broken
> and their violators 'retroactively immunized'.  Its enough to make you
> sick.
>
>  -jmz
>

> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 4:14 PM, Michael March <mmarch at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Holy crap.
>>
>> This is insane.
>> --
>> <march>

Perhaps I am mis-reading the stories, but it seems to me that what
neither private citizens nor the congress folk are unable to read is
the Executive branch policies that FISA is supporting and providing
immunity to the telcos for following.  IOW, my reading is that FISA
does not contain the language of those policies but only refers to it.
 Not that that is any better, but the discussion here was aiming
toward [mis-]understanding so here is mine.

--
Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only
animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and