external HD suggestions

Michael March mmarch at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 10:47:46 MST 2008

I have a ton of externals HD and the 'best' one I have is the 750 GB ACOM from Fry's. Its was super cheap, runs eSata or USB 2.0, has 32MB cache and best of all it runs super cool. My Seagate externals get insanely hot where the ACOM (which has a Samsung HD) is cooler than cool.

Btw, the transfer rates when running eSata mode are sometime 3X usb in real world testing.
--
<march>