external HD suggestions

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Tue Jul 8 09:47:08 MST 2008

I'll add my $.02 here.

If you go this route, try for something that has a standard power
supply.  I recently had an external enclosure's psu crap out (was
making hissing noises then just died).  Unfortunately I couldnt run
down to frys to get one, the thing runs 12vdc and 5vdc from the psu,
which puts a crimp in getting on anywhere convenient.