my 0.02 re W Side Stammtisch (was: Re: [Fwd: fwd to plug mail])

Mike Schwartz schwartz at acm.org
Mon Jul 7 18:55:55 MST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Tuna <tuna at supertunaman.com> [forwarded] :
> [...]

I live on the W side, and I have only attended the Stammtisch once or twice
(back when the one in Tempe was the only Gnu/Linux Stammtisch in town).
    I have a usual Tues. night class, that I have attended for years.
I used to sometimes ditch in order to attend the PLUG "W Side" meetings 0
when they were on Tues. nights.  (esp., when I worked at ACA).
((Actually, now that Tues. night class might switch to another night,
   or something -- but all that is iffy)).
So "at this time", for me personally,
(I might ditch class, but otherwise:),
the chances of attending are probably better on a Wed. or Thurs.
  . . . **except** of course, the 4th Wed.,
  [= the "W Side" meeting], or
  the 3rd Thurs., which [I just remembered]
  is another event I (usually) have booked.
(and - if I did attend the W side Stammtisch - then
 I could carpool with someone who lives or works
  near me -- or actually, anywhere near Loop 101
  [the "Agua Fria Freeway"] West of Central.)
I work near Deer Valley Rd and 19th Ave.,
 and live near 75th Ave. & Union Hills.
--
Mike Schwartz
Glendale AZ