OT: Re: windows SUCKS!!!

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 17:32:38 MST 2008

I would agree to some extent.  I was not trying to introduce oranges into your apples.   In the 80's the owners of dBase, Ashton-Tate, found that they actually made more sales when they removed their copy protection which was common during the mid to late 1980's.

For the old timers they will recall  CopyIIPC.

I find Windows with all it's draw backs to be more cost effective than Linux for the Desktop.  Twice I have attempted to go Microsoft free.  There is a substantial learning curve for Linux on the desktop.  I find for me it is best to buy a Dell with the Microsoft o/s pre-installed.  All I have to do is load a few applications and configure the network.

However I do prefer Linux over Windows in servers.  My Dev box runs Linux.  It is great.

I find most of this is just the cost of doing business.

Keith Smith
(520) 207-9877
PHP Programmer